Workout Wednesday

Today's post is about MOTIVATION!
 


What keeps you going day after day? For me, I would say it's my family! I want to be there for them. I want to continue making healthy decisions so that I can be around for a long time. I want to be active with them and encourage them to be active as well.

One thing that keeps me motivated is seeing people who are twice my age still involved with fitness! It's so inspirational to see some working out as hard as me if not harder busting their butt in a workout not to mention they are old enough to be my parent if not older. I want to be that person when I'm older, I want to be able to out run those younger than me :-) I'm not saying I want to beat EVERYONE, I'm just saying I want to be a part of the race!

Let me be honest, some days are harder than others. Some days I'm not motivated to do anything but I know that I will feel awful if I don't stay consistent. If I've learned anything during my health/fitness journey it's that consistency is KEY! You have to stick with it, you may not see results overnight but if you continue day after day to make changes you will see changes. I've seen myself come far and then I've seen myself fall back and it's not pretty at all. All that hard work...GONE! If you truly want change you have to continue to work at it even when you get to where you want to be you have to maintain. 

I've really found that scheduling my workouts for the week really works for me. It helps me stick to a schedule and if I need to I can move things around in order to ensure that I get my workout in for the day. I got a planner last month and it's been the best thing ever! I schedule my workouts, doctor appointments, weekend activities and everything else! It's really helped me get into a schedule with everything. 


3 comments :

I Taylor said...

You keep it going girl! The hardest part is making time, but like you said, if there is something in your fitness slot, you adjust your schedule to fit it in everyday, i like that!

Andrea Taylor said...

Finding time is hard but you have to schedule it. Do it first thing if it helps, you may have to go to bed a little early but at least you got your workout in! :-) Good Luck!

Taramixandmatch said...

Trying to be consistent and work out at the same time every day as much as possible has really helped me :)