Workout Wednesday


So I'm pretty sure if you've been reading for a while that you noticed I like to switch things up! What can I say, I get bored easily! I've been working out pretty consistently for a while now and I need a challenge. Since the weather is still somewhat nice outside with a slight breeze I don't really feel like a indoor workout (checkout my DVD collection). 

So I have decided to go for the gold and work towards completing a half marathon (13.1 miles). I know, I'm crazy! Really I'm absolutely crazy but I need something that will challenge both my mind and body and I think this will do the trick. I ran a 5K last September and was AMAZED at how well I did! So I'm gonna start with a simple 10K and then progress to 10 miles and then boom 13.1 miles! 

What's the worse that could happen...if anything, this may motivate me to complete a full marathon! I doubt if I'll do that but who knows. So as I start to prepare for my first 10K, I have decided to try a new workout which involves running at least 3 times a week. Here's my new routine! Wish me luck! Feel free to join me on this new running journey :-)


4 Week Beginner 10K Training Schedule
CT - Cross Training
ER - Easy Run (Steady pace)
LR - Long Run (Slow steady pace)


Week 1:
Day 1: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 2: 2 miles ER
Day 3: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 4: 2 miles ER
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: 3 miles LR
Day 7: 2 miles brisk walk or Rest

Week 2:
Day 1: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 2: 2.5 miles ER
Day 3: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 4: 2.5 miles ER
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: 4 miles LR
Day 7: 2 miles brisk walk or Rest

Week 3:
Day 1: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 2: 3 miles ER
Day 3: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 4: 3 miles ER
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: 5 miles LR
Day 7: 2 miles brisk walk or Rest

Week 4:
Day 1: 3 miles ER
Day 2: 30 min CT or Rest
Day 3: 3 miles ER
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: 2 miles ER
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: 10K Day!

No comments :