Workout Wednesday

I think for the past few years I've been on this up and down, back and forth cycle with eating healthy and exercising.  I just realized that to truly be healthy you have to make it a part of your life.  Everyday you have to work towards making healthy decisions and choosing to be active. It's not about being skinny or burning a certain number of calories. If you only do it for 3 months out of the year what good is it really doing for your body. I just want to be healthy now and when I get older and to do so I have to be consistent.  I mean let's think about this. We brush are teeth at the very least twice a day don't we owe our bodies the same to eat clean and workout daily? 

I will admit being healthy is something you definitely have to work at. I have to make the right choices everyday and I struggle...big time! I would love to eat cake all day but let's be real, that's not good for me at all.  I try to think more about how I will feel and what nutrients are in the food I'm eating. With that in mind I make much better decisions. If I workout for the day and I've been consistent then I'm more likely to have a cheat meal and splurge on something I've been craving. I love cheat meals which I like to call reward meals. You deserve a reward for all the hard work you've been doing, right? It's only fair!


Here's a quick cardio workout! It's only 20 minutes! You do each exercise for 1 minute followed by 1 minute of rest.

~ Jumping Jacks
~ Running in place
~ Walking lunges
~ Jump Squats
~ Mountain Climbers
~ Jump Ropes
~ Burpees
~ Butt Kickers
~ Air Squats
~ High Knees

I promise if you do this workout you will be done in no time at all! Then you can carry on with your day! 

Happy Wednesday!!! Half way there :-)


No comments :