Sometimes

Sometimes...

 

It's hard...raising boys...

 

Okay, so I don't intend for this post to be too emotional but it's the truth. Raising boys can be challenging because you are raising them to be men. You want them to grow up and be strong fearless leaders who at the same time know how to treat a lady. There is so much in general that you have to teach a child. I some times worry if I'm not hard enough or if I'm too hard because I'm raising boys. Everyday is a day to show them what's right and what's wrong. 

I don't consider myself to be a strict authoritative figure but I try to stick to what I say so that they know how that their actions can result in consequences. As the boys get older I will do my best as their mother to be there for them at all times but I will also be the one to correct them and discipline them as I see fit. I've realized over the years that I have to be in control at all times. I have to make the choices and do what I believe is best.  

Some days are tougher than others but I try my best.  At the end of the day, my personal goal for my boys (like most parents) is that they are happy and loved. With that being said I think I'm doing a pretty good job! I love to see their little smiles and hear them laughing and playing....it makes my heart so warm! <3

It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it myself. ~ Joyce Maynard

No comments :