10 things that I care about now

The other night I was thinking man have things changed...not just my priorities, but my interests and my hobbies. As I get older some things just are not that important as they used to be. It's funny to think about how I care so much about things that meant absolutely nothing to me a few years ago.

I wanted to share a few things that I completely treasure now....that I didn't before.

1. Sleep. This is self explanatory, I don't think I can ever catch up on all the sleep I've missed over the past few years. It's not that I miss sleep, it's more so that I realize how important it is to go to bed a a decent time. I can't stay up until midnight anymore, I'm exhausted! It also doesn't help knowing that my two early birds will be waking up in a few hours. So when I can, I sleep!

2. Time. I think we can all agree that there are not enough hours in the day. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in an extra 30 minutes of sleep let alone a 30 minute workout in the evenings. I realize its all about priorities, I have to manage my time well so that I can fit everything I want to in the day that also includes things for the boys as well.

3. Walking. I'm usually always a person on the go and until recently I never just admired how nice it is to view my surroundings and take in the atmosphere. I've found a joy in walking/jogging now because I get to clear my mind and view all the scenery around me.

4. Relaxing. I really take time daily to relax and unwind. After I put the boys to bed each night I take a few minutes just for "me time" to clear my mind and relax. Sometimes my relaxing could be reading a magazine, taking a nice bath, going to a Zumba class or even watching TV.

5. Breakfast. I enjoy breakfast food more than ever before! It's the first meal of the day. I use to skip breakfast all the time but I've noticed that I feel so much better when I actually sit down and eat breakfast. It really helps jump start my day especially when I had a long night with little to no sleep.

6. Comfortable Shoes. I'm not sure if I've been killing my poor feet the past couple of years or what but man, my feet have changed! I can no longer live in flip flops and shoes with no support. I really spend a lot of time now looking for shoes that are not only fashionable but also comfortable and sometimes its a challenge!

7. Quality. I value quality so much more now!  This applies to quality time spent with family and friends as well as the quality of good food and clothing. I don't get to spend countless hours with my family and friends but when I do I really enjoy that time. Now that I'm older I try not to waste money on things that don't add value or are not of good quality, I'm more interested in the durability and how versatile a piece of clothing is.

8. Future. I treasure tomorrow and the day after tomorrow so much more! It's crazy to think how we can live our lives without even thinking about what our future holds. Now that I have children I think about their future every day, I want to make sure they are taken care of and they have the tools they need to be successful in the world.

9. Vacations. As a child my parents would take us on family vacations or we would spend the summer with my grandma. After I graduated college I was on the fast track with my career and hardly took vacations. Now that I'm older and have children I really treasure that time that we spend together. I like looking forward to taking a family vacation. It's always hard to get back in the swing of things after a week long vacation but it's so nice to be able to relax and create memories with the people you love. 

10. Fitness.  Fitness has always been a part of my life or at least I've tried to make it a necessity. In the past I would workout whenever I had time but didn't stick to a plan and/or schedule. Now that I'm older and my metabolism is much slower I have to work twice as hard! I try to sneak fitness in daily so now it has become a part of my life. I feel so much better when I work out and I notice a huge different when I don't. It's all about consistency and making it fun.



No comments :